Tami's Famous Chocolate Chip Cookies
Tami's famous Chocolate Chip Cookies
It's actually just the recipe off the bag of Nestles Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips! But here's the recipe (I saved it once, in case they stopped printing it or changed the recipe!)
- 2¼ cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¾ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 package (2 cups) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt; set aside. Combine butter, sugar, brown sugar and vanilla; beat until creamy. Beat in eggs. Gradually add flour mixture; mix well. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 7 minutes.
- Use butter, not margarine
- Always use "semi-sweet chips" ... not milk chocolate or dark chocolate
- Don't add nuts
- IMPORTANT TIP: Take them out of the oven when they just START to brown on top. By the time you get them off the pan, they have cooked a little more. By taking them out early like this, they are more chewy rather than crunchy.