Shared RV rental cost estimate
THE RV PLAN
- Everyone meets in Dallas TX, rent an RV together, drive to Gerlach NV, use RV for sleeping and eating for duration of BM, drive back to Dallas TX. RV in the desert.
- Dallas, TX to Gerlach, NV: 1,708 miles - Drive time: 1 day 4 hours
- Would work best for 5 to 10 people
- Reminder: This is a rough cost estimate.
Helpful Documentation From Others
RV RENTAL: SHARED COST
- RV quote - including total estimated mileage: $2403
- This is the cheapest and bottom line across the board of RV rentals.
- Quote - Source
- RV Insurance: ???
- This company requires outside insurance. Read some tips.
- Estimated Gas for RV: $1660
- 3500 miles - 8 mpg - $3.80 per gallon
- RV Rental total: $4063 (insurance not included)
- per person x5: $812
- per person x6: $677
- per person x7: $580
- per person x8: $507
- per person x9: $451
- per person x10: $406
- Burning Man ticket: $240/$320/$390 - where does ticket money go? - 2010 finances breakdown
- Food/Water: $100
- Miscellaneous supplies: $100-200 - List of possible supplies
- Used bike: $50
- Costume: $100
- Personal cost: $750
TOTAL: SHARED + PERSONAL COSTS
- Estimated minimum of costs. This does not include the RV insurance. Quoted with the smallest RV offered (x8). Gas prices go up with more people on the RV. Absolutely could not afford to have a person drop out at the last moment...
- THOSE NEEDING A ROUND TRIP FLIGHT TO DALLAS: add $400-500 to the estimate below.
- per person x5: $1562
- per person x6: $1427
- per person x7: $1330
- per person x8: $1257
- per person x9: $1201
- per person x10: $1156