Sauteed Chicken Medallions with Gremolata
- 2 TBS roughly chopped garlic
- 2 TS capers
- 4 TBS chopped parsley
- 2 TBS lemon zest
- pinch salt and pepper
- 1 TS + 4 TBS olive oil
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breast halves
- 3 TBS all-purpose flour
- 1 TBS fresh lemon juice
- Combine garlic, capers, parsley, zest, salt, pepper, and 1 TS of olive oil into a work bowl. Mash with spoon and set bowl aside. This is your gremolata.
- Rinse and dry chicken with paper towels. Cut breasts into thirds. Season with salt and pepper. Cover with plastic wrap and pound to thickness of 1/2 inch.
- Place flour in bowl. Dredge chicken medallions in flour and shake off any excess.
- Heat 2 TBS of the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chicken medallions until golden. About 3 to 4 minutes per side. Do not flip chicken until the side is golden. Transfer to plate and tent with tin foil. Allow chicken to rest for 5 minutes to allow the juices to reabsorb.
- Serve chicken with the gremolata places on top. Drizzle with lemon juice.