- serves 6-8
- 6 medium –large cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup Persian Lime olive oil
- 1 lb. (approx.) rutabaga
- 1 lb. (approx.) parsnips
- 1 lb. (approx.) celery root
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup cooking liquid or vegetable stock
- 1/4 lb. (1 stick) butter
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- Salt & pepper to taste
- To roast garlic: Peel the cloves & put into an oven-proof ramekin with the olive oil. Cover with foil & bake at 325 for 40 minutes or until soft. Mash oil & soft cloves together & set aside.
- Steep rosemary & thyme in heavy cream over medium heat for 10 minutes. Remove from heat, take out herbs. Put in the stick of butter so it can slowly melt & set aside.
- Peel parsnips, celery root & rutabaga. Dice all into 1 inch cubes.
- Put into a heavy pot with a lid, 1 inch of water & a 1/4 tsp. salt.
- Steam until vegetables until tender. Drain but reserve any remaining cooking liquid.
- Process the vegetables, cream & garlic with oil in a food processor. You can add the reserved cooking liquid if it seems to dry.
- Add about 1/2 tsp. of sea salt & a generous grind of black pepper.
- Taste & correct seasoning if necessary.