Difference between revisions of "Kombucha"
(Created page with "==Green Tea Kombucha== * https://www.thehealthymaven.com/2013/04/orange-green-tea-kombucha.html ===Ingredients=== * 3 green tea bags * 16 cups water * 1 cup of sugar * 1 SCOB...")
Revision as of 19:20, 10 June 2018
Green Tea Kombucha
- 3 green tea bags
- 16 cups water
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 SCOBY
- 1/2 cup already brewed Kombucha (can use store bought)
- 2 large oranges
- Bring water to a boil. Turn off stove once the water has boiled. Add tea bags and sugar to water. It’s important to let it cool to room temperature.
- Add the SCOBY and the 1/2 cup of Kombucha starter Into a large jar.
- Add room temperature sweet tea into the jar. Cover jar with a dish cloth and secure with a rubber band.
- Leave in a cool, dark place for 7 to 14 days (depends on the temperature).
- Once you think your Kombucha is ready, wash your hands thoroughly and remove the SCOBY by hand.
Green Tea Kombucha v1
- Brewed for 14 days (weather in the 70s)
- Carbonated for 3-4 days
- I skipped adding the fresh squeezed orange juice
- Success: Unique green tea flavor. But should use spring water next time, not tap water.