Green Tea Kombucha
- 3 green tea bags
- 16 cups water
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 SCOBY
- 1/2 cup already brewed Kombucha (can use store bought)
Alternate measurements for the 2.5 liter Weck jar (10.5 cups)
- 10 cups water
- 5/8 cups sugar
- Bring water to a boil. Turn off stove once the water has boiled. Add tea bags and sugar to water. It’s important to let it cool to room temperature.
- Add the SCOBY and the 1/2 cup of Kombucha starter Into a large jar.
- Add room temperature tea into the jar. Cover jar with a dish cloth and secure with a rubber band.
- Leave in a cool, dark place for 7 to 14 days (depends on the temperature).
- Once you think your Kombucha is ready, wash your hands thoroughly and remove the SCOBY by hand.
Green Tea Kombucha v1
- Brewed for 14 days (weather in the 70s)
- Success: Unique green tea flavor. More sweet than vinegar taste. But should use spring water next time, not tap water.
Green Tea Kombucha v2
- Brewed for 14 days (weather in the 70-80s)
- Partial Success: Flavor is quite strong in vinegar, too much for me. Need to brew for short time when weather is hot.