Difference between revisions of "Category:Recipes"
|Line 135:||Line 135:|
Revision as of 12:43, 15 August 2016
- 1 Erin & Jason's FAV Recipes
- 2 Jason's Recipe Quests
- 3 Delicious Deserts
- 4 Random Recipes
- 5 How-to Cook the Perfect Steak in the Oven
- 6 Perfecting the Crispy French Fry
- 7 Cast Iron Pizza
- 8 How to make a taro root smoothie???
- 9 Homemade Tomato Sauce
- 10 Interesting Cookbooks
- 11 Bunch of Recipes to try out
Erin & Jason's FAV Recipes
The prep/cook times are my own estimation but some might take less time cause your can cook while preping OR 2 people can half the prep time OR it includes something like cooking rice and you can go do something else. This indicates >>> a fav recipe. Enjoy!
Prep & cook = 10m
- >>> Avocado Asparagus Tartine
- >>> Arugula and Walnut Pesto Pasta
- >>> Winter Pasta Recipe
- >>> Tilapia with Arugula, Capers, and Tomatoes
- >>> Grilled Avocado with Melted Cheese
Prep & cook = 30m or less
- >>> One-Pot Creamy French Onion Pasta Bake
- >>> Teriyaki Chicken
- >>> Chicken and Cheese Taquitos
- >>> Pear and Prosciutto Pizza
- >>> Camargue Red Rice and Asparagus Salad
- >>> Roasted Pepper Pesto with Toasted Walnuts and Goat Cheese
- >>> Rosemary Lemon Turkey Cutlets
- >>> Mustard-Herb Panko Crusted Chicken Breasts
- >>> Sweet Potato Cream Pasta with Crispy Kale
- >>> Pea and Parsley Pesto with Linguine
- >>> Asparagus Pesto w/Heirloom Fingerlings & Orecchiette
- Balsamic- Mango Marinated Grilled Chicken
- Asian Turkey Meatballs with Carrot Rice
- Black Bean Sliders
- 30-Minute Chili
- Mushroom Lentil Burgers
- Asian Vegetable Stir Fry
- Sweet Potato Kale Pizza with Rosemary & Red Onion
Prep & cook = 45m to 1h
- >>> Chicken Pot Pie Soup
- >>> Roasted Chicken and Vegetables with Maple Mustard Sauce
- >>> Sauteed Chicken Medallions with Gremolata
- >>> Eggplant, Mozzarella, and Saffron Rice Bake
- >>> Summer Tomato Soup
- >>> Homemade Vegetable Stock 101
- >>> Slow Cooker Angel Chicken
- >>> Coffee Brine Chicken
- >>> Potato Casserole
- Chicken Tikka
- Simple Spinach and Ricotta Stuffed Shells
- Sweet Potato Black Bean Enchiladas
- Black Bean Enchiladas with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
- Pork Chops with Port-Glazed Apples
Jason's Recipe Quests
- Dark and Stormy Sticky Toffee Pudding
- Banana Cream Pie
- Whiskey Bread Pudding
- Avocado Red Velvet Cupcakes with Honey Avocado Frosting
- Tami's Famous Chocolate Chip Cookies
- German Chocolate Cupcakes
- Apple-Gruyere Pie
- Raspberry Rhubarb Muffins
- The Science of the Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Brandon suggestion to try: http://farmette.ie/2010/07/19/irish-curd-cheesecake/
- Brandon suggestion to try: http://leonalane.typepad.com/my-blog/2013/05/earl-grey-cake.html
- Really simple ice cream cake
- Bowl Brownies
How-to Cook the Perfect Steak in the Oven
- Amazing tips here, I skip the last 2 minutes in the oven and instead cook on the stove to baste the steak in butter, crushed garlic, and thyme spigs.
Perfecting the Crispy French Fry
- For crispy roast potatoes, boil them in a pot before roasting them in the oven
- Same with fries. Parboil them in a vinegar-water solution before frying them and they'll come out crispy on the outside, with the consistency of mashed potatoes on the inside.
- Home fries as well. Use gold potatoes, boil, stick in fridge for a few hours to chill, then cut 'em up. Fry in a cast iron skillet with onions for about 5 minutes with good oil, then season them and toss in garlic and go another 5 min or so. Properly cooked home fries are godly, way better than any hash browns.
- Boiling them with some baking soda in lieu of vinegar makes for an even better crisp. I learned this from Cooks Country. Amazing.
- It's best to soak fries first, then coat them in corn starch. Soaking the potatoes helps to remove the starch, with turns into sugar and makes the potatoes brown. Amylose, found in corn starch, will help make the potatoes super crisp. If you've ever had fries that looked battered (they were crispy but seemed to have been coated in something - little bits sticking on it), that was corn starch. TL;DR - soak uncooked, cut fries in cold water for 30 minutes to remove starch, then coat in corn starch for crispy fries.
Cast Iron Pizza
How to make a taro root smoothie???
- Is the root really that sweet?
Homemade Tomato Sauce
- Short stew: http://homecooking.about.com/od/condimentrecipes/r/blsauce49.htm
- Long stew: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/homemade-tomato-sauce-i/
- Tender: A Cook and His Vegetable Patch
- Ivan Ramen: Love, Obsession, and Recipes from Tokyo's Most Unlikely Noodle Joint
- Piglet Tournament of Cookbooks 2013 - Bracket
Bunch of Recipes to try out
Pages in category "Recipes"
The following 14 pages are in this category, out of 14 total.