Bourbon Sauce Recipie
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup kentucky bourbon whiskey
- In a saucepan melt butter. Then add sugar and egg. Whisking to blend well.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly until it thickens. Do not over simmer, it may curdle.
- Whisk in bourbon to taste. Remove from heat. Whisk before serving.
Bread Pudding Recipie
- 1 loaf french bread, cut into 1" squares (6-7 cups)
- 1 qt milk
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 TBS vanilla
- 1 cup raisins (soaked overnight in 1/4 cup bourbon)
- 1/4 TS allspice
- 1/2 TS cinnamon
- 3 TBS butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Soak the bread cubes in milk in a large mixing bowl. Press with hands until well mixed and all the milk is absorbed. In a separate bowl beat eggs, sugar, vanilla, and spices together. Gently stir into bread mixture. Gently stir in raisins.
- Pour butter into bottom of 9 x 13 baking pan. Coat the sides and bottom well with butter. Pour in bread mixture and bake for 35 to 45 minutes, until set. Pudding is done when the edges start getting a bit brown and pull away from edge of the pan.
- Serve with the bourbon sauce.